Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wedding Crasher

Confession: this weekend Adam, Meredith, and I snuck into the Fairfax Bar Association's (black tie) Gala (so, not technically "wedding" crashing, but close enough).  But we had a good reason to be there!  10 Spot, our wedding band, was playing!

See, Adam and I went about this whole "choosing  wedding band" somewhat unconventionally.  When I was the social chair for Pi Phi, I worked closely with Sam Hill Entertainment (the booking dudes for bands in C'ville).  So I figured I'd use them again for this big event! And to my pleasant surprise, my contact from my Pi Phi days responded back to me! He said he saw my name pop up on the request list - sweet!  He immediately sent us a list of bands that fit our qualifications (we wanted a band that would keep people dancing, but definitely had to keep budget in mind).  In the end, we got the "best band bang for our buck" and just went for it... without hearing them live!  I know, that's pretty much a wedding-planning-sin.  But, we were working under tight time restrictions (i.e. they were booking up FAST) and I totally trusted Andrew (my guy at Sam Hill).

So when we heard that 10 Spot was going to be in our area for a gig, we knew we had to check them out!  And thank GOODNESS we trusted Andrew's advice - this band was rockin'.  People didn't leave the dance floor! They played crowd favorites! They sounded awesome! Oh, I just can't wait!  I knew they would be great, but it was a huge sigh of relief to know that they'll sound good live.

We only stayed for 5 or 6 songs.  I think I was blushing the entire time we were there.  We weren't doing anything wrong (Andrew told the band we'd come), but of course, the hundreds of lawyers + spouses had NO CLUE who these kids were, clearly NOT in black tie (Mere & I had casual dresses on, but kept our coats on the entire time! Adam had on khakis & a blazer).  Ah oh well :)

60 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment