Thursday, June 17, 2010

The McLean Engagement Party! (part 2)

Now for a post about the timeline of events leading up to the engagement party (which, even though it was almost two weeks ago, I still can't stop thinking about! Gosh it was fun).

10:45:  Mere and I arrive in McLean with Starbucks and our game-faces on, it's time to be put to work!
11:45:  My two aunts from Richmond arrive with food, coolers, and more helping hands, YAY!
1:15:    We take a lunch break and meet Adam and his momma (who is in town for the party) in town for a quick bite and we end up bringing them back to the house with us to help.  Seriously, we needed all the help we could get!
2-5pm: we are running and scurrying around outside & inside prepping, scrubbing, chopping, etc! Oh, and did I mention it was about 100 degrees outside and full humidity? Yep, welcome to a DC summer!  Luckily we had the A/C cranked up inside and lots of cold drinks to look forward to.  At this point we had enlisted the help of all my cousins, brothers, 1 neighbor (she was going to be our waitress for the night), and our roommate!  It was literally "all hands on deck."
6pm: party starts!  By the time we had our first margarita our nerves had calmed :)  I have no idea how we would have done it without everyone's help!

 Just some of the gorgeous & thoughtful decor my mom did :)

The party went by in a blur (albeit a happy, happy blur!), but I think Adam and I were able to speak with each and every one of the guests.  The outpouring of love, support, and well wishes from our friends and family was truly unbelievable!  And what I loved best was that our 20-something friends, my family, and our parents' friends got along SO WELL.  Everyone dealt with the sweltering heat without one complaint.  And the big hit of the night was when Auntie UVA brought out PATRON shots!!  My mom, and Adam's mom took some, too!  Too fun :)

Sweet sorority sisters who came to celebrate!
Wasn't kidding about that Patron!
Cheers!!

I think we're going to have our Atlanta engagement party this fall, and I'm already looking forward to round two.  If our McLean engagement party was any indication of what the wedding is going to be like, than I can't wait until May 7, 2011 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment