Thursday, May 20, 2010

Photographers

One thing I know for sure - the world does not have a shortage of awesome photographers! Wow. Just WOW.  The styles!  The different options!  Do we want an engagement shoot ("e-shoot")?  Do we want a photobooth (we're thinking yes)?  How many hours? Do we even know what style we want? Omgosh.

Here are the photographers I am currently crushing on.  Their styles are all so different (...or at least I think they are?), and they all have different pricing/packages/offerings.  THIS.IS.GOING.TO.BE.DIFFICULT.  At the end of all this, it'll be the photos we keep going back to to remember the day! So we don't want to mess this up :)

  • Patricia Lyons: She is a master and I am literally drooling over her stuff. We've already contacted, and I'm not sure she's in our budget (crying real tears).
  • Jack Looney: A Charlottesville boy!  His stuff rocks.  He comes highly recommended from a few of our friends, so we know he's a gem to work with. 
  • Dominique Attaway:  I really like this lady!  She's French, likes cowboy boots, and lives in Cville!  She actually does some work with Jack Looney (fun!), and has won some local Cville photography awards.
  • Michelle Lindsey:  She came recommended from another photographer we chatted with.  She looks like she could be one of our friends :) I really like her style!
...and many many more!

I love that each of these photographers has their own blog/sites!  I have spent hours on them.  Pouring through other people's wedding albums (that's not creepy, right?! I'm considering it homework...and inspiration!)  They all seem so wonderful, it really will be hard to choose someone.  But, amiright in thinking we can't go wrong with any of these choices? :)


Photo from Patricia Lyons and it is from a totally swoon worthy wedding
*don't you dare hire one of these guys for your wedding next year if it is on May 7, 2011 ;) We'll pick ours soon, promise!

2 comments:

  1. They are some fabulous photogs, for sure!
    I follow each one of their sites to inspire myself in my work. Each photography is unique and talented in their own style, and I just love the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first of all - DEFINITELY on the photo booth :)
    Second, after long hard debate and lots of stalking, I vote Patricia Lyons for the photographer!
    Third, LOVE the updates - keep 'em coming!!! And then put this all in a hard-bound book for every other bride-to-be out there.
    Bisous!

    ReplyDelete