Wednesday, May 26, 2010

SPF 55

Happy (almost) Memorial Day!! The official kick-off to a much deserved summer of warm weather & hopefully lots of sunshine :)

Starting this weekend, I will be spending most weekends between now & September poolside (and most likely) bridal-magazine in hand.  And this got me thinking about bathing suits (I always like starting off the summer with 1 or 2 cute new suits!)...and then I started thinking about being tan...and then...BATHING SUIT TAN LINES.  I get tan (thanks, Dad!), but I'm not so good about being evenly tan, which means I get bathing suit tan lines bad.  Like, I still have my tan lines from LAST SUMMER (ok ok, and from Puerto Rico).  So I think I need to strategically plan my bikini buying for the next 12 months, because I'm pretty positive I'll be wearing a strapless white dress next May, and bathing suit tan lines are not invited to the wedding!

Another challenge I have, is that even though I get super dark, I still burn.  And my burns then turn into realllllly dark tans.  Again, not lookin' good for my tan lines. ARGH!

So here's my summer strategy: 

  • SPF 30 for arms, legs, torso (ALL summer), and SPF 55 for my face + hat

  • Bandeau bikini's non-stop (or at least, a majority of the time! How cute is this one on sale at Jcrew?)
And other than that, just try not to get toooo many tan lines!  I hope you have a great holiday weekend!!

[the top pic was taken at Pawley's Island last summer, one of my happy places!]

No comments:

Post a Comment